It is being issued as a follow up to Passenger Ropeway Information Bulletin IB-PR-2017-03.
As part of the company’s ongoing auditing, assessment, and inspection of passenger ropeways and passenger conveyors, it requires all passenger ropeway contractors to complete a pre-operation inspection declaration. One declaration is required for each operating passenger ropeway or passenger conveyor. Five declaration forms in fillable .PDF format have been created. The declaration form is based on the requirements of Annex D of the CSA Z98-14 Safety Standard for Passenger Ropeways and Passenger Conveyors that is adopted for use in British Columbia by the Elevating Devices Safety Regulation (EDSR). The forms are:
- Above Surface Circulating Ropeways (FRM-1574)
- Surface Ropeways, Including Those Using Secondary Carriers (FRM-1576)
- Rope Tows – Wire and Fibre, Including Those Using Secondary Carriers (FRM-1577)
- Passenger Conveyors (FRM-1578)
- Reversible and Industrial Ropeways (FRM-1598)
Declaration forms should be submitted to Technical Safety BC before a passenger ropeway can begin operating. See the required submission dates below:
- For passenger ropeways and conveyors that operate in the winter only, the declaration must be submitted before the ropeway operates for the winter season.
- For passenger ropeways and conveyors that operate for the summer only, the declaration must be submitted before the start of the summer season.
- For passenger ropeways and conveyors that operate for the winter and summer seasons, the declaration shall be submitted before the start of the winter season.
- For passenger ropeways and conveyors that operate year round, the declaration shall be submitted at the end of your annual maintenance shut down period.
Declarations should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The requirements of this information bulletin go into effect as of 15 October 2018.
Read the article online at: https://www.mountaintechnologymagazine.com/ski-lifts/16082018/technical-safety-bc-issues-information-bulletin-to-british-columbia-ropeway-operators/